Re: [tlug] Suse 8.1 In-Hand

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 10:53, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Patrick Niessen (Fri 2003-02-07 10:20:36AM +0900):
> >
> > Oh ! One big hint: Suse really likes ReiserFS, and suggest that as default
> > for your root partition.
>
> ReiserFS is actually a great choice for a root partition, as it is great for
> filesystems with many small files. Root partitions are known to contain things
> like /etc, which on my relatively pristine system, contains about 7000 files
> averaging about 350 bytes.

Reiserfs is surely a good choice, but I experimented recently some
corruption problems that I never had with a "standard" ext2 FS.

And when comes the moment to repair it, it is much more difficult.

I don't say Reiserfs is a bad choice. On the contrary I like it, but one
should be prepared to some trouble from time to time.

br.

PS. The last problem I had was on /tmp: When I made "ls -l", everything
looked fine, but a simple "ls" said "xxxx: file not found", xxxx was not
showed with the "ls -l" command. I had to boot on a cd-rom to repair the
FS.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)