Re: [tlug] Mozilla question

>> From: momoi@example.com (Katsuhiko Momoi)
>>
>> It's possible that the Bookmarks file has been corrupted somehow.

I suspected something like that  8-)}

>> You might create a new profile and see if that brings back the Personal
>> Tool Bar folder.

It does. I copied the old bookmark file into the new profile, and it works
fully again. Maybe the problem is in the preference settings....

>> If this works, and if you have an UTF-8 editor, you
>> might repair the original Bookmarks file or copy/paste the entries from
>> the original Bookmarks file into your new one.

That's my last resort, as the new profile has to have everything else set
up; not just bookmarks.

>> From: xian <ccd@example.com>

>> I say just fizzle around with bookmarks.html. Is this listing in the
>> book*.html file a link to another file (<a href=foo>)? Or is it a heirarchy
>> within the file itself?

It's within the one file.

>> Are you running Netscape on this box? Can you see
>> this folder with Netscape? Have you tried making any "new" folders? Tried
>> duplicating your folder within the html file? Made sure the html code is
>> sound? Do you know where I could get a valium? Do I ask too many questions?
>> ;)
>> Hope something there sparks something in your head.

I have NS7, but it wants me to register profiles, etc. etc. NS is as bad as
MS, sometimes.

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298