Re: [tlug] TTFs and RH7.3

On 5 Feb 2003 at 11:50, Jim Breen wrote:

> When I changed to RH7.3 a few moons back, something funny happened to the
> spacing of TTFs. It shows up particularly in Mozilla and Tk.

> looks like this sample:
>
> 	http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/fontfunny.gif

Interesting. I have two boxes running very similar (but not identical)
Debian-Woody systems, and I have a similar spacing problem on *one* of
them. But for me it's not TrueType fonts, it's X11 bitmap fonts; and rather
than showing up in Netscape and Tk, it occurs in apps using Athena
widgets or raw XLib (xlsfonts, bitmap, xdvi, etc.). So it could be something
completely different ... but I'm inclined to suspect there's a common cause.
I have a hunch the X server is getting confused about the encoding of the
fonts, but I really haven't found any definite information.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA