Re: [tlug] LPI exam preparation book

From: "Pietro Zuco" <pietro@example.com>
Subject: [tlug] LPI exam preparation book
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:38:12 -0700

> Hi tlugers.
>
> I want to prepare to take the LPI Level 1.
>
> About the first book there are a comment in the mailing list archive (Thu,
> 28 Feb 2002) of Kinichi san that he said this book is good for more than 1
> year experienced linux SA.
> This is not my case, I didn't work as SA but I have some years working with
> Linux.

If you administer your home machine, you have some experience on SA.
For LPIC level 1, you are not required to have extensive knowledge on each subject.

It is not so difficult, all you have to do is read the
objectives(http://www.lpi.org/p-index.html), check key files, terms,
and utilities mentioned in the objectives.

> So, Some one can counsel me about some good book to prepare for LPI? I know
> that the frase "good book" is subjective of everyone but I just would like
> to read some opinions, just to help myself to decide.

It is not LPI specific, but if you want a good book on Linux SA, I
would recommend "Linux Administration Handbook" by Evi Nemeth et al.
ISBN is 0130084662. This book cover the subject of Level 2(and much more).

If you need a book on shell script, buy "Learning the Bash Shell, 2nd
Edition" by Cameron Newham. Or download "Advanced Bash-Scripting
Guide" from LDP page(http://www.tldp.org/guides.html)