Re: [tlug] upgrde rpm

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:57:45 +0900 (JST)
Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung@example.com> wrote:

> Do I need them if my redhat box is a server? It means that there are
> only few rpms installed on my system and I upgrade RPM when I found
> something new at http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/ .
>
> Hung Vu

I would be very wary of automating any upgrades on a server - especially
if it provides essential services. Call me paraanoid, but I like to make
sure that all server upgrades are tested to ensure that they don't break
anything that is needed before I apply them to the server.

Stu

--
GnuPG KeyID 1607E7F7
Key fingerprint = 5C38 AA94 A4C1 6AAF 0EE4  C089 EE01 193D 1607 E7F7