Re: [tlug] upgrde rpm

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:47:37PM +0900, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> How can I upgrade rpm package from 4.0.3-1.0.3 to rpm-4.0.4-7x?

rpm -Uvh rpm-4.0.4-7x*

> I found this warning but no anwsers to this question from our ML archive:

I disagree with that warning.  (Admittedly it was messier to
upgrade from RPM-3* to RPM-4*... but even then there you could
do it in two 'rpm -Uvh' steps which took care of updating the
RPM database format.)

BTW, if you are looking for a way to automate some or all of
keeping your system up to date, check out http://www.autorpm.org/
or http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/  I've used
both, and am currently using autorpm on a number of systems.

Jim

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/