Re: [tlug] eth0 not coming up ...

Jim O'Connell wrote:

> See if /sbin/netconfig is installed. (It should be on 7.2) Do as root.

No, not installed. I did a minimal installation of RH7.2 packages.

> Then do /etc/init.d/network restart.

I did that but it only bring up lo and doesn't even try eth0.

> If it is a problem with the drivers, it might not work

I don't think it is a driver problem so much as an rpm is missing or
something. The strange thing is that my custom kernel try to start eth0
(and succeeds) while the RH kernel doesn't even try. And a
/etc/init.d/network restart doesn't try for eth0 either.

The system doesn't seem to know that eth0 exists ...

Jc