Re: [tlug] purple monitor problem

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:32:54 +0900
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@example.com> wrote:

> And even stranger problem ...
>
> On the same machine (RH 7.2, Supermicro Superserver 5012B-E) where I
> can't get eth0 to come, letters on the monitor have turned purple!

That has happened to me several times and each time it was a monitor cable problem.
Try swapping out the cable for another, if you have one, or bending the cable at the base of the plug to see if that's it. (At your own risk!)
Red+Blue=Purple, so you seem to be missing Green from the equation - it could be a bent pin or a bad connection on the card, if it's not the cable, but I'd put my money on the cable being bad.
(Plus, I think it's unrelated to the eth0 issue, unless the box got banged around and both cards got damaged.)
Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim O'Connell
Global Dining System Support