[tlug] purple monitor problem

And even stranger problem ...

On the same machine (RH 7.2, Supermicro Superserver 5012B-E) where I
can't get eth0 to come, letters on the monitor have turned purple!

It's not a monitor problem b/c I can plug the same monitor into three
other machines and they all display white characters on the console.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem since even the BIOS menu show
purple instead of white.

I'm guessing a problem with the video card? Are there any tools I can
use to check my hardware to narrow the problem down?

Unfortunately this is a 1U server so the video card is on-board so I
can't replace it. If possible I want to make sure it is indeed a
hardware problem and what piece of hardware before I harassing the
manufacturer about warranty and replacement ...

Is there any way for me to do this from Linux?

Jc