Re: [tlug] QT 2.2.2 -- another lib question.

On 1/15/2003, "xian" <ccd@example.com> wrote:

>This is probably my actual problem :) It is a KDE2 package and I am
running
>KDE3. Whatever happened to backwards compatibility? *grumble*

Redhat has a kde2-compat package (haven't actually tried using it), I think
it may be something they put together themselves.  I suppose that making
KDE 3 backward compatible would have been about as much work as making Mac
OS X backward compatible with OS 9 (not running OS 9 apps in a compatiblity
box, I mean actually being able to compile them w/out modification on OS
X).  It's a pretty major departure from KDE 2.

>So, does anyone know of any software that will decode and burn
ogg-vorbis
>audio?

Get cdbakeoven 2.8 (on Sourceforge, I think; check Freshmeat or google for
it).  It builds against KDE 3 (previous versions will not) and works very
well.  I prefer it to any other CD burning frontend I've tried.  Ogg is
supported, but I haven't tried it (just burn ISOs of various distros).

Jonathan