Re: [tlug] Japanese in Evolution

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 00:37, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 20:36, Edward Middleton wrote:
> > I am trying to get Japanese character display and input working in
> > evolution.  I started from an allready installed version of evolution
> > and have tried to compile all the evolution dependencies with
> > internationalization support.  I am running Gentoo 1.4 with
> [gory details snipped]
>
> This is an old problem. The evolution people have always claimed that
> it's a gtkhtml bug, not an evolution bug. I submitted a bug report to
> Ximian (#36049) and they immediately reclassified it as a gtkhtml bug.
> There has been no progress made on resolving it.
>
> There have been lots of discussions on this list, as well as on the
> evolution list, but no solution.
Yes I have looked at the discussions and your bug report. All current
discussion seemed to end in the too hard basket.  From what I
understand, please correct me if wrong, the mail views are displayed
using gtkhtml and the email folders, and mail editor use something else,
possiably gal.  So if the problem was with the message display it would
probably be a gtkhtml bug.   I gather it is/was also possiable to use
mozilla-embed instead of gtkhtml. This would seem to make more sense as
it is much more mature.  I currently can't get kinput2 to work with
evolution, or get it to display Japanese menus. Anyway thanks

Edward
--
Edward Middleton <edwardmiddleton@example.com>