Re: [tlug] Japanese in Evolution

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 20:36, Edward Middleton wrote:
> I am trying to get Japanese character display and input working in
> evolution.  I started from an allready installed version of evolution
> and have tried to compile all the evolution dependencies with
> internationalization support.  I am running Gentoo 1.4 with
[gory details snipped]

This is an old problem. The evolution people have always claimed that
it's a gtkhtml bug, not an evolution bug. I submitted a bug report to
Ximian (#36049) and they immediately reclassified it as a gtkhtml bug.
There has been no progress made on resolving it.

There have been lots of discussions on this list, as well as on the
evolution list, but no solution.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu@example.com
University of Chicago -=- CCSR