Re: [tlug] Ugly OpenOffice Menu font

OK, latest news.

There is a set of instructions (that don't work) here:

http://www.stat.ohio-state.edu/current/support/unix/openoffice.html

The reason they don't work is that the font they say to replace, Andale
Sans UI, is not on the font list at all.  However, none other than our own
Mike Fabian has the answer here:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/m17n/2002-Aug/0015.html

Complete with a screen shot as proof.  The key is that if Andale Sans UI
doesn't appear on the font list, you have to manually type it in the box,
choose a replacement font, and click OK.

OO is now fixed, and a tip of my hat to Mike.  Now if only the good people
at OpenOffice.Org would fix the underlying problem that stands out like a
sore thumb in the midst of this otherwise excellent product :-)

Thanks to all who replied,

Jonathan