Re: [tlug] Ugly OpenOffice Menu font

Quoth Jonathan Byrne (Mon 2003-01-13 04:03:12PM +0700):

> I recently installed OpenOffice 1.0.1 and while everything went OK and I
> get lots of pretty fonts for documents, the font it uses for the OO menus
> themselves is *UGLY*.  Monospaced and not even nice-looking.  It's bad
> enough to be embarrassing.  Googling around hasn't given me anything to go
> on.  I downloaded the whole source tarball with the thought to build it
> from source, but that doesn't seem quite as simple as ./configure;make;make
> install, to say the least.  Anybody else
> see this behavior?  The platform is RH 7.3, kept uptodate.

Yes, I saw this, and fixed it too... I almost remember how. I am not looking
at OO right now (as I do have it installed on my own machine, just some at
work for our developers), but it had something to do with changing the
default UI font. See if you can figure it out. If not, I will let you know
tomorrow when I can look at OO and recall the steps I took. I know that I
found the solution by Googling, so there is some hope there, as well.

Good luck,
Josh

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.
http://www.incogen.com/

GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967