[tlug] Re:OpenOffice -- discuss Digest 13 Jan 2003 04:02:53 -0000 Issue 773

This newsletter for OpenOffice is pretty good for OpenOffice users.....

discuss Digest 13 Jan 2003 04:02:53 -0000 Issue 773

Topics (messages 20158 through 20189):

contributing
	20158 by: Chris Ryder
	20159 by: Scott Carr

Re: Windows 98 (ME) + OOo cannot correctly shutdown system
	20160 by: x.man

Need your help
	20161 by: Yale Wu
	20163 by: CP Hennessy

Re: Suggestion for Open Office marketing strategy
	20162 by: CP Hennessy
	20166 by: M. Fioretti
	20169 by: Mike McCune
	20170 by: Mike McCune
	20171 by: Mike McCune
	20172 by: Paolo Attivissimo
	20173 by: einfeldt.earthlink.net
	20174 by: einfeldt.earthlink.net
	20175 by: einfeldt.earthlink.net
	20176 by: CP Hennessy
	20177 by: CP Hennessy
	20178 by: CP Hennessy
	20179 by: Mike McCune
	20180 by: RBE
	20181 by: Sam Hiser
	20182 by: silver3.gosympatico.ca
	20183 by: silver3.gosympatico.ca
	20184 by: silver3.gosympatico.ca
	20185 by: Jean Hollis Weber
	20186 by: silver3.gosympatico.ca

OpenOffice.org.uk Weblog
	20164 by: Nick Richards

Is printing in CMYK impossible?
	20165 by: Oscar Picasso

Re: Object model! Where do I get doumentation?
	20167 by: Sander Vesik

Re: OpenOffice.org.uk Weblog (looks great)
	20168 by: Zaine Ridling

Re: Need your help about license.
	20187 by: Yale Wu

Would you kindly answer me a question?
	20188 by: wuzhi(吴知)

Hello!
	20189 by: silver3.gosympatico.ca

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
	discuss-digest-subscribe@example.com

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:

To post to the list, e-mail:
	discuss@example.com

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,
My name is Chris Ryder and I am a college student studying public
relations. I do not have any programming experience or knowledge, but
would like to contribute to the OpenOffice project. I am a Mac OSX user
and I am very interested in seeing a native version for my OS. I have
strong writing and editing skills, so if these are of any serivce, I would
like to volounteer them. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Thank You

Sincerely,
Chris Ryder
ChrisRyder@example.com

The hasps.net e-mail portal

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Welcome Chris,

Come on over to the documentation project.  dev@example.com
We can find something for you to do. ;-)
--
Scott Carr
Documentation Maintainer

Quoting Chris Ryder <chrisryder@example.com>:

> Hello,
> My name is Chris Ryder and I am a college student studying public
> relations. I do not have any programming experience or knowledge, but
> would like to contribute to the OpenOffice project. I am a Mac OSX user
> and I am very interested in seeing a native version for my OS. I have
> strong writing and editing skills, so if these are of any serivce, I would
> like to volounteer them. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
>
> Thank You
>
> Sincerely,
> Chris Ryder
> ChrisRyder@example.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Derek,

I am not sure, but it seems it happens mainly if I am using any OOo
application before. And the only help is to kill the process "soffice" by
hand. I can understand that if some OOo application crashes it may affect
OOo QuickStarter as a common in-memory-loaded library for all OOo
applications. But I have not the same problem with the same version OOo on
Win2K and WinXP.... just on Win98 and WinME. Please, what helped you fix
this problem ?

Thx a lot in advance...

Pavel Chovancik