Re: [tlug] Japanese in Slackware (8.x or 9.0)

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:36:04AM +0000, Tim Hurman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > I like Slackware for various reasons, however, I've been unable to get
> > it working with Japanese input. (No problem reading Japanese with
> > opera).
> >

> I have Japanese input working well on slackware, my setup is thus:

<much useful and helpful information snipped>

Tim, I just wanted to thank you for your reply which is (as said in the
note above) helpful and useful. I might not get a chance to play with
this till the weekend--your setup, however, gives me some ideas where
I went wrong--I will post on this either later this week or next
week, when I have a chance to sit down with it.

Thank you again

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Harmony: Why have you come to our lonely, small town, which
has no post office and very few exports?