Re: [tlug] CPU cycles and packet filtering

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Another effective technique for dumping Korean and Chinese-language
> spam is to filter on the language encoding.  At my former employer we
> made langauge encoding filters available as additional optional spam
> filters, and a sizable number of our customers activated them as soon
> as they were announced, and were quite pleased that the results.

As a customer of the aforementioned (yetnotbyname) former employer of
yours, I can say I'm very pleased with the results. Except that now I
occasionally get messages from mailing list administrators telling me
that perfectly legitimate messages have bounced (because they've been
sent from totally innocent and unsuspecting ML participants located in
China or Korea), having the ML administrators wonder about the sanity of
my mail account! I have to send them reassuring hugs along the lines of
"Yes, my account is still alive, please do go on sending me stuff, by
all means".

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206