[tlug] EEPro100 trouble follow-up/resolution

The problem with the onboard EEPro100 VE has been resolved.

The two points that led to the resolution were:

1) I discovered yesterday that I did have a certain amount of very slow
connectivity.  Not enough for web surfing and such, and pings would usually
time out.  The output of the route command remained very slow to come.
However, I found that I could do dig @example.com and if I
waited  I would get an answer back from it.

2) I read in a series of posts on one of the EEPro lists about a different
EEPRO version/chip that it had problems when connected to a 10baseT-only hub.
The problem in that case was hanging the whole system, and the thread was old
enough that I suppose it may now be resolved, but I put that together with
number 1 above and the fact that this office was in fact running on a
10baseT hub and began to suspect an infrastructure change would solve the
problem.

Since it so happens that we have a customer who needs a plain old hub to stick
between their router and their switch for purposes of running a Snort box
there, I suggested we get ourselves a cheap 10/100 switch and give the old hub
to our customer.

We did that today and as soon as I plugged in, voila!  Connectivity!

Cheers,

Jonathan