Re: [tlug] Panasonic CF-27 PCMCIA problems

Robert Gordon wrote:
> I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with Panasonic CF-27 ToughBooks and Linux. I have found, no matter
> what distro, when I insert a PCMCIA card, the system freezes - even during installation.
> The CF-27 uses Richoh R/RL/RB/5C478(II), R5C522 or Compatible CardBus Controller, and I am currently using RedHat
> 7.3.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Robert,

I'm running a CF-45 and Slackware 8.0 (2.4.5 kernel) and having a grand
old time w/ my PCMCIA. Perhaps there's a mild difference in distro's?
My local guru slapped me for using 2.2.19. 2.4.5 has given me absolutely
no problems (I had a few glitches w/ 19)
Hope that helps.
-Christian