Re: [tlug] Wireless Internet

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 06:16:17PM +0900, ccd wrote:

>through AU and other mobile providers? I'm thinking about it seriously
>because of the restrictions here on base -- 56k dialup if you're lucky.

That'd make me move off base :-p  I'm stuck on 56K dial myself, but
only because that's essentially all that's available in Vietnam.
ISDN in some places, and I'm going to look into that later, as we're
considering moving right now and it's not worth the (considerable)
effort involved to get ISDN in here if we're just going to move.

>Anyone have any experience with the service and the supplied cards? Any
>information would be greatly appreciated.

AirEdge (spelled AirH") seems to work fairly well (so I'm told by people
who've used it).

Jonathan
--
GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF