[tlug] Another distro on the advocacy list?

Distro slut that I am, tried the latest one I saw on distrowatch.com,
called YOPER. It's at http://www.yoper.com

It seems to be aimed to the desktop user. The reason I bother mentioning
it on this list is because there are some who are involved in advocacy
and also, Japanese support was quite easy to add. I used the vanilla
canna-kinput2 package that Stuart Bouyer and Godwin made for me and
Japanese input was there. It includes OpenOffice, Jonathan's beloved
CUPS <snicker> and other desktop type things.  It seems aimed at the
inexperienced--during installation, there's very little for the user to
do, and it seems to run adequately (though there's no default
firewalling).

While I don't think it'd be an interesting distro for most of this list,
it might be good for those involved in advocacy.  If anyone is
interested in presenting it to a Japanese target audience, my vanilla
tarball is at

www.blj8.com/~scottro/vanillajpn.tar.bz2

The user would have to put in their own IP info during installation, it
doesn't seem to support DHCP during that time.

Anyway, hope this is of use to someone.  :)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Oh, look at my poor neck... all bare and tender and
exposed. All that blood, just pumping away.
Giles: Oh, please.
Spike: Giles, make her stop!
Giles: If those two don't kill each other, I might lend a hand.