RE: [tlug] [REMINDER] "Defending the Creative Commons"

> > Most modern developments are actually making English less useful
> > rather than more useful.

I am waiting for a benchmark test for languages so that we can forever know
which language is best.  We already compare Programming Languages, so why
not real languages too?

Does anybody have a side by side comparison of languages so that we can
choose the one that fits our needs best?  I am interested in performance
criteria like:

- length of time needed to convey a meaning
- accuracy
- reading speed
- writing speed
- compression
- beauty
- poetry
- processor (brain) use
- convenience

After such an objective test we can then easily select the language most
appropriate for the job at hand:

- for flirting italian or french
- EULAs can be written in Latin
- Signs in Chinese / Japanese
- Philosophy German ....

Patrick Niessen
IT-Manager / Planning & Controlling
Gerling Allgemeine Versicherungs-AG, Japan Branch
TEL. +81-3-5214-1361 / FAX. +81-3-5214-1365