Re: [tlug] Lessig Speech--Linux advocacy

On 12/9/2002, "Yamagata Hiroo" <hiyori13@example.com> wrote:

>Well, you don't want to force people to Linux (and you can't).

In this sense, I think the last part of my article
offers some mild suggestions about experiments in
"open code" software, such as trying to use Mozilla,
even if one stays on Windows.

I think it is also important to keep in mind here
(especially for those who may not yet have read
_Future of Ideas_) that what Lessig is advocating
is something much broader than simply Linux,
or even "open code," since the work of the Creative Commons
project is more concerned with issues on the content layer.

Thus, his message could appeal even to Windows users who are
working toward the effect of making public domain texts, images,
and movies freely available on the web.

Chuck (coming at you from Bangkok)

Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com>
Toyo Gakuen University