Re: [tlug] pppd weirdness

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:46:10AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 12:00:58PM +0900, Botond Botyanszki wrote:

> >You are not the Jonathan Byrne we used to know here.
>

> O ye of little faith!  Read 'em and weep :-)
>
> Note that I do have a Linux distro installed on my wife's
> 'doze machine, but can't get online with it b/c it has a
> Creative ModemBlaster, a Losemodem which is totally unsupported
> under Linux b/c there is no driver for the chipset (there apparently
> once was one, but the chipset maker withdrew it later).  That
> left me to using OE while I got my old Courier upgraded to V.90
> (good thing one of my two Couriers is a Canada model; on the support
> website, it says that the Asia models ones will be rendered
> inoperative if you try to flash them to V.90, so that one
> remains at 33.6).

two words: cygwin mutt [1]

You concede to the dark much to easily.  Now, lets get back to your
rather odd problem.  You said minicom and the like worked, and I
assume that you verified that pppd is using the same serial line.
If that is the case, and yet for some reason if the damn thing doesn't
seem to be dialing, I would think the next thing to do would be invoke
the chat script by hand. I'll try to look at your earlier posts to see
if my very quick purusal missed something.

--Matt

[1] admittedly this is second or third hand information at best.  I have
never had to actually go that route, and obviously wouldn't do so by
choice. ;)