Re: [tlug] BIND9 zone files

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:20:27 +0900 (JST), Tod McQuillin <devin@example.com>
wrote to Tokyo LUG <tlug@example.com>:

> CNAME says "This name is just an alias for something else, look there for
> the real data".  It's like a symlink.

Yes, I appreciated that. What I wasn't aware of was the CNAME issue.

> So you should remove the cname record for bonivet.net.

I did and replaced it with another 'A' record pointing to 192.168.1.1.

Perfect - thanks!

Now I can reactivate the reverse DNS zones which I'd deactivated while
trying to get this working......

vi /etc/named.conf, uncomment the zone sections, killall -HUP named...

Yuppers..... Works fine.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
Bills travel through mail at twice the speed of checks.