[tlug] JapaneseFonts/JapaneseKeyboard

I just installed Red Hat 8.0 (which came in the January 2003 issue of
"Linux World"), and everything is working well, but while selecting
"Japanese" on bootup puts all the menus into Japanese, I have not been
able to write any text in Japanese!  In looking at the font list, there
seem to not be any Japanese fonts installed....  I picked "install
everything" for the install (4.7GB!).  I'm assuming that I can put some
Japanese fonts from another machine onto the system, and I have two
questions regarding this:

1) How do you install new fonts on Linux 8.0?

2) Would Japanese fonts from a "different" OS work on a Linux machine?

As I type this, one other thing occurs to me - or two actually, in the
setup, I selected English as the main language (also selecting Japanese
as a supported language), and I'm using an English language keyboard.
An English language keyboard is no problem with MicroMuck, but do I need
to use a Japanese keyboard to write in Japanese with a Linux machine?

Any information greatly appreciated!

Lyle Saxon