RE: [tlug] HexaMedia reader not working; PEBKAC?

Yogi,

> The reader arrived just two days after I've ordered it, and I've spent
> the better part of this morning trying to get it to work, but with no
> luck.  ...

The HexaMedia Drive presents four LUNs to the system.  You need to have
support for multiple SCSI LUNs enabled in the kernel.  Many recent reports
on Linux-usb-users say stock kernels do not have multiple SCSI LUNs enabled.
Please see the following message for a possible solution.

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/4563/2002/11/0/10232146/

SmartMedia on the HMD is the second LUN, so probably would appear as
/dev/sdb once multiple SCSI LUNs is working.  Try mounting /dev/sdb or
/dev/sdb1 as a vfat file system.

Hope this helps,
jimb.