Re: [tlug] DSL through Yahoo BB

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:44:03PM +0900, Jim O'Connell wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone is using Yahoo BB's DSL service
> with linux around here - In particular, I was wondering if
> they have an open mind about running servers and VPNs and

Yes, I've been using them for about a year now.  I am quite
pleased with the service.  There are no blocked ports that I've
discovered (certainly none of the ones that are important to me
like 22, 25, 80).  You get a global IP address through DHCP
with a 1 day lease.  My server is on 24 hours/day and has had
the same IP address since April.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/