RE: [tlug] SmartMedia readers

On 12/4/2002, "Jim BLACKSON" <blackson@example.com> wrote:

>I heartily recommend the HexaMedia Drive

I've heard good things about this from people who have them.  I recently
needed a reader here in Viet Nam and looked for one of those, but didn't find
one and got some other 6-in-1 unit from Taiwan.

It is recognized under Linux (reported as SMC-207, IIRC; I'm not at home now)
but when I stick a CF card in it (tried several), although a /dev/sdc
automagically appears, it gets tons of sense errors and says no media appears
to be present (these cards all work in my camera and my Palm), and fdisk can't
read a partition table off of it.

I have to research this and find out exactly why it's doing it, but in the
meantime, yeah, take a look at the HexaMdedia Drive :-)

Jim, you ought to get those into shops in Viet Nam :-)

Jonathan