Re: [tlug] Re: Geting out to the world

Diedrich,

I am not sure how to reach the internet gateway, from the server system I can
reach anything from within the network I can only ping each computer.

I assigned the following values to eth1 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 the eth0 I
am leaving it as DHCP for ISP connection via PPP0 (DSL), the other PC I setup
ETH0 as 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0  with the gateway set as 192.168.0.1.  I
can ping 192.168.01 & 02.

> 1. Can you reach internet hosts from your gateway ?
> 2. If yes - Check forwarding and masquerading configuration on your
> gateway
> 3. If no - Check routes and firewall

I'll take a look at the documents you mentioned.

> Reading the HOWTOs is not a bad idea either (Net(working) HOWTO,
> iptables HOWTO, Masquerading HOWTO). These usually reside in
> /usr/share/doc/HOWTO or similar.

Thanks for replying.