Re: [tlug] Serious Help Needed with DHCP

Please see below answers to your questions and as always thank you for
replying.

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 11:17, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:47:38PM +0900, Eric O. Flores wrote:
> > [...] to a free stress networking life.

  hahaha! I can say the same thing I agree here no free stress!  :)

> Is there such a thing?  :-)
>
> These are different problems.  You'll want to get the IP
> address assignment sorted out first.
>
> > Because I want dynamic ip addressing, I am using a logic for the above
> > card (eth1) to match my my dhcpd.conf1
> >
> > /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> Have you confirmed that that dhcpd is actually running and
> listening on port 67?  (It only needs to be listening on eth1
> in your case.  With RedHat, you can supply the command line
> arguments to dhcpd in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd to add this limitation.)

I am not sure about the port no 67. the dhcpd has is clear only online
as you can see below:

[root@example.com sysconfig]# cat dhcpd

INTERFACES=eth0

[root@example.com sysconfig]#

> Do you have a packet filter rule that is keeping dhcp requests
> from reaching the server?

I opted for now to have no firewall protection but I am now sure if that
is working.