[tlug] Serious Help Needed with DHCP

Dear Tlugers,

I am in need of serious help and would appreciated if some one could put
me on the right track to a free stress networking life.

system:  mandrake linux 8.2
eth0	tulip irq 11
eth1	rtl8139 irq 10

I am currently trying to have two w2k workstations integrated with the
linux server.  The two win2k's are seen in the network and the w2k's can
see the samba server but no access to the server yet is granted.  I wish
to have the two w2k's access the Internet dynamically by having the
mandrake system automatically serve the ip's.  This used to work perfect
until one un-authorized reboot last weekend by my 8year old one.  huuff
for that! :(

I had to get down to read and re-lean and found that I have done all of
my configurations using the command line what I didn't understand is
that such configurations where on hold temporarily once the reboot came
in all was gone.  Now I am having a problem setting up manually and wish
to only setup manually as the mandrake wizards seem to always put the
wrong set of ip's.

I am working directly in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
modifying the ifcfg-eth0 such file reads as:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
ONBOOT=yes

I am assuming above conf if good use a separation for the network (later
pppoe works for dsl connection).

while the second ethernet card ifcfg-eth1 reads:

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
ONBOOT=yes

Because I want dynamic ip addressing, I am using a logic for the above
card (eth1) to match my my dhcpd.conf1

/etc/dhcpd.conf

# default file for dhcpd
# replace 192.168.1.1 by the IP adress of the server (same server for
# all services in this config file)
server-identifier mybox.a-true-domain-name.com;
default-lease-time 36000;
max-lease-time 144000;
ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
        range  192.168.1.65 192.168.1.254;
        option domain-name              "a-tue-domain-name.com";
        option domain-name-servers      192.168.1.1;
        option nis-servers              192.168.1.1;
        option lpr-servers              192.168.1.1;
        option netbios-name-servers     192.168.1.1;
        option routers                  192.168.1.1;
        option subnet-mask              255.255.255.0;
        option time-servers             192.168.1.1;
                ddns-updates on;
                ddns-domainname "noacchi.com";
                ddns-rev-domainname "in-addr.arpa";

}

Still I can't achieve dynamic assignment.

Can some one please help me out point out what exactly I am doing
incorrect!  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Eric.