Re: [tlug] Japanese in Evolution 1.2

On 20 Nov 2002 09:36:31 -0600
Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@example.com> wrote:

<deletia>
> > Having the exact same problem, unmerged ALL gnome stuff and evo,
> > deleted all config files I could find, then remerged evo-1.0.8, but
> > still no Japanese. Moved to sylpheed in the meanwhile, till I can
> > track down the prob, second the hating of gtkhtml, and also the
> > lackluster support for non-western fontsets in evo and gnome.
>
> Finally got a response to a message I posted on the Evolution list
> last week. Here's what I was told:
>
> > you might need to check your gtkhtml font settings.  they are set in
> > >
> > the control centre.
>
> I had a feeling it was something like this. I'll try it when I go home
> tonight.

Wish it was that simple. I have tried every combination of Japanese,
European, Unicode fonts that I can find (and have installed on my
machine) but no dice, as Ryan mentioned earlier it WAS working before
upgrading to 1.2, not it don't

Stu

--
GnuPG KeyID 1607E7F7
Key fingerprint = 5C38 AA94 A4C1 6AAF 0EE4  C089 EE01 193D 1607 E7F7