Re: [tlug] Mounting USB Drive

> For both "lsmod" and "modprobe usb-storage", I get
>
>     [root@example.com inbox]# lsmod
>     bash: lsmod: command not found
>     [root@example.com inbox]# modprobe usb-storage
>     bash: modprobe: command not found

Hmmmm... I'm guessing you su'ed to root, but didn't use the -l switch.  The "-l" is for login - without it, your shell won't set up roots environment (include root's $PATH), it'll just use the user shell environment from which you su'ed.  Try suing to root with the -l switch and then try the commands.  Or you could use the full path of the commands: "/sbin/lsmod" and "/sbin/modprobe usb-storage".

If lsmod and modprobe aren't there, I'm really confused.  So confused, I just may switch to Windoze... errr... nevermind.

Good luck!

--
Mike Gauthier
All-purpose lackey