[tlug] Example of Creative Commons License

TLUGers,

I have finished tailoring and applying one form the Creative Commons license
to my on-line Digital Dictionary of Buddhism. The Creative Commons licenses
provide for a flexible range of clearly defined legal descriptions of
licensing, based generally on "open-code" philosophy, for people who are
publishing their materials on the web, but for whom the old notion of
"copyright" too narrowly, and too poorly describes their aims for the
publication of their material.

This is one of the first clear examples, I think, of how the notions of
"openness" that originated in the IT community are now having an effect in
other fields of study, such as the humanities disciplines. For one example
of application of the license, please go to my main DDB page and scroll down
to the bottom.

http://www.acmuller.net/ddb

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787