open to anyone. There are currently no membership dues or entrance fees.

Date:   Saturday, Nov 16th, 2002

Place:   Leading Edge
         Aoyama 1cho-me, Canadian Embassy Building 1st Floor
	 http://www.leadinge.co.jp/access/images/map_e.gif

Nearest stations: Aoyama 1cho-me (Ginza, Hanzomon and Oedo lines)

Time:   14:00-16:30

Topics:   Python and Perl talks

Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Its high-level built in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it attractive for Rapid Application Development and for use as a scripting or glue language to connect existing components together. Python's syntax emphasizes readability and reduces the cost of program maintenance, supporting modules and packages, to encourage program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form without charge for all major platforms, and can be freely distributed.

Perl is an interpreted language written by Larry Wall. Perl runs on a wide variety of UNIX workstations and combines features of C, sed, awk, sh, and csh. Perl has subroutines, advanced pattern matching features, variable assignment, and loop control features. Perl has scalar, array, and associative array data types. In addition, Perl includes an interface to many UNIX system calls including those necessary to implement TCP/IP servers and clients.

Presenters:

	Perl Monger:

		Simon Cozens
	    	Tatsuhiko Miyagawa

	Python experts:

		Stephen Turnbull
		Alex Schonfeld

After the meeting:

We will continue chatting over a few beers.

Contact:

Mauro ......090-2492-0840 (Keitai)

//mauro//