[tlug] Re: [ot] SunOS/bash umask set to 000

Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

> bash$ ypcat passwd |grep vuhung
> vuhung:xwamJuaxxxx.:1736:60:Nguyen Hung
> Vu:/home/student/cs/vuhung:/usr/local/bin/bash

You shouldn't post sensitive information like that. (^^;
I hope that's not even partly your real password hash...

> this solved the problem but I wonder why my default umask is 000? There
> are 4 people using bash here

Does "this solved the problem" mean it's 022 now after your .bashrc
executes or that it is still 000 ?
Of course the default is 000 unless some part of the login scripts
change it. Usually there's an "umask 022" in /etc/profile to change the
default.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits