[tlug] Linux-based groupware

I need to do a short proposal on replacing an Exchange server with a Linux-based groupware solution which will be accessible both from the LAN and the WAN.  I know there are a lot of them out there in various stages of readiness, but I haven't used any of them myself.  If any TLUGgers have tried and/or implemented one, please tell me which one(s) you liked and why.

This potential client would prefer to keep the Exchange server b/c they are already using it, but they are very concerned about security, so that is a potential selling point for a Linux-based solution.  They will probably also be interested in an IDS, so I will propose putting a Linux box runing Snort on their LAN.  If anybody has anything they personally like better than Snort, what/why? They want something that will send an SMS email to their sysadmin's phone for at least some attacks.  I'm sure s/he won't want to be notified about every port scan that comes down the whopping 64k pipe, will be interested in some stuff.

<OT>
Also, does anybody know any Free IDS software for Windows?  If they don't go with a Linux-based replacement, it would be nice to get some Free or Open Source software on their Windows box anyway and show them the benefits of it.

There's so much Windows software in VN that I've got this horrible feeling I'm going to have to become an NT admin, too.
</OT>

TIA,

Jonathan