Re: [tlug] locale issues

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:16:32PM +0900, Eric O. Flores wrote:
> Yes I try "jp_JP" it seems that the mandrake distribution uses "ja_Jp"

Really? It uses capital-J, small-p? If so you should file a bug report.
That's wrong. According to authoritative sources I've looked up in the
past (sorry, don't remember what--maybe the POSIX standard?) the correct
form is ja_JP (2-letter, lowercase language code, underscore, 2-letter,
uppercase country code).

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:54:48PM +1100, Sam Tilders wrote:

> I tried to get kinput2 working in Mandrake 8.2 with KDE 2.2.2 and found I had
> prohibitive problems. KDE applications would segmentation fault if I gave
> them the environment that would set their locale.
>
> For example:
>
> export LC_ALL=ja_JP
> export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
> export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
> kmail -inputstyle overthespot
>
> And then it would SEGV.

Could be my imagination, but it seems like I've heard things about
over-the-spot input not working with KDE. What happens if you comment
out just that one line?

mgushee@example.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.