Re: [tlug] undeleting FAT32 data

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Drew Poulin wrote:

> Being the bunhead I am, I inadvertently deleted some files on a mounted
> FAT32 partition.  They weren't backed up of course. I deleted them with rm.
>
> Any way to recovery them?
>
> I'm using RH 7.1 with an ext3 file system (But I suspect that the
> Linux file system is irrelevant to recovering files deleted from a FAT32 partition?)
>
> I've looked around the RH site and tried Googling various strings like
> "undelete ext3" but got nothing that would help in this particular case.
>
> I'd be grateful for any leads.
>
> Drew Poulin

i dont know if it can be done in linux. but if you have a windows machine,
file recovery may be easy. I personally love using ontrack's easy
recovery. It is very fast.

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/index.asp

good luck

hung vu

Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )
| | The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |