Re: [tlug] longest uptime boxes

Hello,

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Jim O'Connell wrote:

> Uptime is a dangerous addiction that is best avoided.

so why?

> If you feel you are getting hooked on looking at your uptime stats, reboot *now* - the top sites are never going down - you'll never be #1 at netcraft, so just put it out of your mind.

It seems that you are running redhat 7.1 and your web server is
apache 1.3.19. And you have not been rebooting your machine for more than
one year, so your kernel 2.4.9.
 ;)

This is one of the reason why I dislike linux ;):
When we upgrade kernel, we have to reboot to active new kernel. Of cource,
big company like a bank cant reboot their server ;)

 > You'll sleep better
- trust me.
> Cheers,
> Jim (who just rebooted his linux box after 423 days of flawless uptime to add some hard drives.  )
> ;-)
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=mmdc.dyndns.org&submit=Examine

you should upgrade your software first, Jim

Vu Hung

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |