[tlug] Tracing mails (was: Some guidelines for questions)

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:12:32 -0500, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>
wrote to tlug@example.com:

> HOWEVER---there's a very good chance that you're not using nyc.rr.com.
> We have no way of knowing.

Exactly.

I see that the listserv strips incoming mail of its "Received:" headers so
that we have no trace of where the mail came from. All we see is the path
between hikari.tlug.gr.jp and us.

Is this by design or by accident?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
Some marriages are made in heaven, but they all have
to be maintained on earth...