Re: [tlug] Creative ModemBlaster on Linux

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:20:54 -0700, "Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com> wrote
to <tlug@example.com>:

> Waiting for my real computer to arrive by ship, I put RH 8 (nice to see
> Linux in Viet Nam CD shops these days) on some spare space in my wife's
> computer, which has a Creative ModemBlaster DI5655 PCI......
>
> [snip]

Well, according to http://www.vee90.net/quickref_creative.html, you do
indeed have a LoseModem with an ESS PCI chip on it.

There have been drivers written for ESS ISA chips, not for PCI. So, I think
you're stuck with the "fscking winmodem"... :(

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
Spotted in a toilet of a London office:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW.