[tlug] Creative ModemBlaster on Linux

Waiting for my real computer to arrive by ship, I put RH 8 (nice to see Linux in Viet Nam CD shops these days) on some spare space in my wife's computer, which has a Creative ModemBlaster DI5655 PCI.

Google doesn't seem to be working here (could be our ISP(s), don't know), but Alta Vista and http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html  (in the database, it has the red WM, meaning known to work only with Windows, but hope springs eternal, ) along with http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/ess/ess_es56pi.html have left me with that "fscking winmodem!" feeling.  I have a dual-standard Courier in my stuff coming by sea, sure wish I'd put it in my suitcase :-(

Windows says it's on com 4, but RH 8.0 doens't see it at all.  Anybody got a friend of a friend of a friend who has ever seen one of these work in Linux?

TIA,

Jonathan