Re: OT: Re: [tlug] Japan Times Linux Article

On Friday 25 October 2002 22:20, Josh Glover wrote:
> I read this email just as I was writing a Procmail filter...
>
> :O:
>
> * User\-Agent.*Outlook
> /dev/null

Josh san.

I think this is a joke too, because if it is not a joke it's a
childish behavior. Maybe you didn't have the experience that many people
like me have, that a particular hardware do not work for Linux and that will
never work unless I code the drivers, like a damned ISDN card.  I have to
use windows at work, even though I would like to use Linux. And a lot of
people at the begining maybe can't configure an internet connection.
I'm saying that, because I'm thinking in the people that may have that kind
of problems. I use Linux for everything and I love this OS but some times I
can't change some situations.
I think that one thing is try to maintain out some people that do not
understand how to ask in a mailing list and another thing is scare newcomers.
The 95% of the home computer users in the world use windows. It's too bad,
but that is the situation now. So I think that we have to encourage that
people to change. For me "open" have a meaning that not only has relation
with source, but with human comunication too. So let's open our arms to
newcomers.
A newcomer is not a lame, he/she is only a newcomer that doesn't know and is
looking for knowledge.

Cheers.
Pietro
--