Re: [tlug] Japan Times Article on Linux

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:08:11PM +0900, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> > Print edition only, I presume. That's probably syndicated stuff and
> > therefore unlikely to end up on their website.
> Not a bad article overall, but he says a lot of things that aren't
> entirely fair. He writes about how hard it is to install an alternative
> OS and setup things like email, even for advanced users.
>
> As opposed to installing Windows? Or buying a machine with it pre-
> installed? Or using a familiar email client?  But maybe thats just how
> most long time Windows users think.

well, the point is that this is simply the situation that linux has to
face. in order to beat windows, linux must not only be as easy to
install as windows, it must be even easier.

windows has an advantage that can not be argued away, to even out that
in the long run it must be easier to install linux, than it is to
upgrade windows.

greetings, martin.
--
interrested in doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.