[tlug] Mandrake vs. Red Hat

Wayne wrote:

> I started with RH 7.3
> and the last week or so I've been installing and deinstalling RH8
> and MDK9. I've finally settled on MDK9.

I've been back and forth between Mandrake and Red Hat a couple of times
myself, but not since the release of these two newest versions. Was there
anything in particular that made you choose Mandrake.

My eventual settling on Red Hat the last time had to do with the fact that
something in the Mandrake handling of XML conflicted with the nsgml function
of Emacs, so I could never validate XML files. There was also a problem with
Unicode handling. When I installed Emacs in Red Hat, these problems
disappeared, and since then I haven't had any reason to go back. But I have
noticed that Mandrake seems to get new RPM packages ready sooner.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787