Re: [tlug] acroread/ggv and japanese

Ryan Shaw wrote:

> is it possible to view japanese pdfs on
> linux? i have ggv and acroread + japanese
> lang kit installed, and neither of them
> can display japanese pdfs, due to a failure
> to substitute fonts.

Hmmm. I use Acroread 5 with Adobe's Japanese font kit.
It has properly handled every Japanese-text-containing PDF I have given
it. This is RH7.3.

All the JLPT-related PDFs at the Meguro Language Centre site
(http://www.mlcjapanese.co.jp/Download.htm) are fine, for example.

Getting it to work was non-trivial, as the font download page was broken.
Fortunately I know some people at Adobe 8-)}

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298