Re: [tlug] Spam Question

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:53:59PM +0900,
Norman Diamond wrote:

> "Shimpei Yamashita" <shimpei@example.com> wrote:
>
> > A more plausible explanation is that AT&T's server has spam filters
> > installed,
>
> Yeah right.  Installed by Santa Claus, configured by the honest government
> employee, and updated daily by the tooth fairy.  I'm an AT&T customer too,
> only getting around 8 spams per day now (among which only around 0.5 each
> day come from other AT&T senders, which other AT&T maladministrators used to
> deny being their domains).

FWIW, I get around 4-5 per day now, but before activating some of
GOL's spam filters, I was getting three times that, at least. It's
inevitable that some spam make it past spam filters, because they
necessarily err on the side of caution, so just because you still get
spam doesn't mean there is no spam filter in place.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright