[tlug] Google; Twilight Tar

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Jim Breen wrote:

> I use Google with Japanese keys several times a day, and rarely ever get
> Chinese pages returned. I use a Javascript applet for this, and it
> has the "hl=ja" parameter set, which seems to lock it into looking
> at/for Japanese-only pages.

Thanks, Jim.
Is there a reason you are using this applet, rather than the
by-language filter in the "search options" function that Google
provides by default?

On 17 Oct 2002, Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> find . -name \*.sas |xargs tar czfv ltest.tar.gz > ltest.log

> Is there a logical explanation for this, or am I living in the twilight
> zone?

This worked for me.

to see if it makes a difference you might try:
a)
tar czfv ltest.tar.gz `find . -name \*somestring` > ltest.log

b)
try some different files on a different server, with different
permissions, etc.

if nothing seems to work, we should take a closer look at this.
we may have stumbled upon its real purpose: "to serve man"

-T.L.